Judy K. Weinstein
195 Church Street, 13th Floor, New Haven, CT 06510
Phone: 203.821.2000 | Fax: 203.821.2009
Judy K. Weinstein’s areas of practice include commercial finance, real estate finance, commercial real estate, and commercial workouts and restructures. In addition, she provides counsel to clients on general business law and commercial contracting matters.
Judy represents regional and national banks in the extension and collection of asset-based, commercial, mortgage and construction loans. She assists her clients in structuring, documenting, negotiating, closing, working-out and restructuring their various financing transactions. Her real estate practice includes sales of REO properties, real estate acquisitions, real estate sales, and advising clients on leasing and summary process matters. Judy has also advised clients in connection with stock and asset sales and purchases and general business matters.
Best Lawyers in America listed Judy as “New Haven Real Estate Law Lawyer of the Year” in 2022. Judy has also been recognized by Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of real estate law 2019-2023, banking and finance law 2021-2023, and commercial finance law 2022-2023. She has an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Judy is an Adjunct Professor at Quinnipiac University School of Law where she has taught a course on Real Estate Transactions since 2021. She previously taught several courses on the “Legal Aspects of Healthcare Information Technology,” to master’s candidates at Sacred Heart University, College of Health Professions, in Fairfield, Connecticut. Judy has also lectured on commercial finance and health law issues.
Judy graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Wellesley College. She earned her law degree from The University of Connecticut School of Law.
Judy has served as Secretary and Treasurer, and is a member of the Executive Board of The Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys, Inc. (ACFA). In June, 2023, she will begin serving as Second Vice President of ACFA. Judy was a member of the Board of Assessment Appeals for the Town of Easton, Connecticut for over a decade. She is a past co-chair of the Women’s Leadership Council (an affiliate of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council), a former ex-officio member of the Board of Directors of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council, and a graduate of Class IX of Leadership Greater Bridgeport. She previously served on the Board of Directors of the Suzuki Music School of Westport and is a past President and past Annual Giving Representative of her Wellesley College class. She co-chaired the 11th Annual Speaking of Women Event of The Center for Women and Families of Eastern Fairfield County, Inc.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Business Law Section
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Commercial Law and Bankruptcy, Commercial Finance, Business Law, and Real Property Sections of the Connecticut Bar Association
- The Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys, Inc.
- Executive Board and Second Vice President (term starting June 1, 2023); Treasurer (June, 2021-May, 2023); and Secretary (June, 2019-May, 2021)
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent
- Best Lawyers in America, New Haven “Lawyer of the Year” Real Estate Law, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2019-2024
- Best Lawyers in America, Banking and Finance Law, 2021-2024
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Finance Law, 2022-2024
- Bridgeport Regional Business Council Volunteer Award, 2002
- Women’s Leadership Council (affiliate of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council), Past Co-Chair
- Bridgeport Regional Business Council, Board of Directors, Past Ex-Officio Member
- Town of Easton, Connecticut Board of Assessment Appeals, Past Member
Classes & Seminars
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Supreme Court