MembershipsCommunityPublicationsHonors & Awards
During a career of more than thirty years, Beverly Knapp Anderson’s practice has been devoted exclusively to civil litigation at both the trial and appellate court levels. Attorney Knapp Anderson’s practice currently focuses primarily on the defense of professional liability and employment law claims. She represents employers in various professional liability claims, including discrimination, whistleblower and other types of retaliation claims, sexual harassment, hostile work environment, and wrongful termination, before federal and state administrative agencies and in court. Attorney Knapp Anderson also represents health care providers in the defense of medical malpractice claims, in disciplinary and licensing proceedings, and in audit claims.
Attorney Knapp Anderson has had significant experience defending dentists and oral and maxillofacial surgeons in dental malpractice actions and in disciplinary proceedings before the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health. She also defends attorneys and real estate agents and brokers in professional liability claims and in licensing proceedings and represents insurance companies in insurance coverage disputes.
Attorney Knapp Anderson has a significant appellate practice, having briefed and argued before the Connecticut Appellate Court, Connecticut Supreme Court, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. At the trial court level, she regularly argues dispositive motions, including in medical and dental malpractice cases, and has been the first or second chair attorney in more than a dozen trials.
A graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law, Attorney Knapp Anderson graduated with high honors. While a law student, she was a Notes and Comments Editor of the Connecticut Law Review.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- First Church of Christ, Woodbridge, Board of Trustees and Personnel Committee, Former Member
- Note, The Official Responsibility Rule and its Implications for Municipal Liability in Connecticut: Shore v. Town of Stonington, 15 Conn. Law Review No. 641 (Spring, 1983).
- Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished
- Connecticut Law Tribune, Women in the Law High Achiever, 2008
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Notes and Comments Editor, Connecticut Law Review 1983-1984
- Law Clerk to Hon. Warren W. Eginton, U.S. District Court, 1984-1985
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- Sacred Heart University, B.A., summa cum laude
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., high honors