Sarah N. Smeriglio
195 Church Street, 13th Floor, New Haven, CT 06510
Phone: 203.821.2000 | Fax: 203.821.2009
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D. cum laude, Health Concentration with Honors
- Quinnipiac University, 3+3 Law Program/B.A Health Science Studies, magna cum laude
- New Haven Chinese School, Mandarin Chinese Studies
Sarah N. Smeriglio is a member of the firm’s Healthcare Law and Professional Malpractice & Insurance Defense practice groups. While in law school, she joined the firm as a legal extern assisting in the firm’s healthcare practice.
In 2020, Sarah graduated from Quinnipiac University in the three + three law program and received her Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences, magna cum laude. Upon entering Law School, Sarah received an International Policy Award Scholarship based in part on her undergraduate studies in the Mandarin Chinese language. She earned her Juris Doctorate, cum laude, from Quinnipiac University School of Law.
Sarah assists in the representation of health care providers and their practices in a variety of matters including the sale and purchase of physician practices, guidance on Anti-kickback, STARK law, HIPAA, the corporate practice of medicine, contract disputes, and Medicaid and Medicare laws. Sarah has experience drafting motions and qui tam actions, conducting discovery, reviewing contracts, and analyzing and drafting case analysis for insurance companies. In her spare time, she enjoys playing golf and figure skating.
Sarah is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association and American Society of Medical Association Counsel. She is admitted to practice in Connecticut.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- American Society of Medical Association Counsel
Honors & Awards
- Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Outstanding Performance in Oral Advocacy, May 2022
- Excellence in Clinical Legal Education, May 2022
- All-Star National Bracket Challenge Trial, Regional Competition Winner, 2021
- Quinnipiac University Volunteer Mock Trial Judge for the Undergraduate Team