Patrick R. Linsey
195 Church Street, 13th Floor, New Haven, CT 06510
Phone: 203.821.2000 | Fax: 203.821.2009
Patrick Linsey is an experienced bankruptcy attorney and commercial litigator. He represents businesses, lenders, and individuals in bankruptcy matters, workouts, commercial disputes, and distressed asset transactions. Patrick has experience representing debtors in all aspects of chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganizations. He also represents creditors, committees, and trustees in bankruptcy matters and adversary proceedings. Patrick regularly appears in federal and state court and in arbitrations, prosecuting and defending commercial disputes, foreclosures, and labor and employment matters.
Patrick is a graduate of the University of Connecticut School of Law, where he was editor-in-chief of the Connecticut Public Interest Law Journal and a member of the Moot Court Board. During law school he clerked with the National Labor Relations Board and the AFL-CIO. UConn Law recognized him with the Joseph F. Noonan Award for Outstanding Legal Scholarship and Public Service and his class elected him to speak at commencement. He graduated with high honors.
Patrick is active with state and local bar associations, including the Connecticut Bar Association’s Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section. He has been recognized as a Rising Star by the Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section and by Super Lawyers. He frequently presents on bankruptcy and commercial law topics at continuing legal education seminars and panels. Patrick resides in his hometown of Fairfield, Connecticut, with his wheaten terrier, Truman.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section, Executive Board
- Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section, Continuing Legal Education, former Chair
- House of Delegates, 2018-2020
- Greater Bridgeport Bar Association
- New Haven County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Connecticut Bar Association Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section, Rising Star, 2016
- Connecticut Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Public Service Award, 2015
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Business Bankruptcy, 2015-2019
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of New York