195 Church Street, 13th Floor, New Haven, CT 06510
Phone: 203.821.2000 | Fax: 203.821.2009
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Yale University, B.A., with Honors
James C. Graham’s practice focuses on civil litigation, creditors’ rights, and bankruptcy. He appears regularly before state and federal trial and appellate courts in a broad range of matters, including contract and other business-related disputes, commercial foreclosures, business bankruptcies, and asset recovery and collections. Jim also assists clients with acquisitions and dispositions of assets and businesses, and with debt restructurings and workouts. He has also briefed and argued appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, the Connecticut Supreme Court, and the Connecticut Appellate Court.
In his 40+ years of practice, Jim has represented the full spectrum of participants in the commercial arena. Clients include financial institutions and other lenders, public and private corporations, limited liability companies, debtors and debtors-in-possession, bankruptcy committees, bankruptcy trustees, and general and priority creditors. He has also represented property owners, commercial tenants, insurers and insureds, partnerships, and individuals.
Jim is a graduate of Yale University, receiving his B.A. with honors. He obtained his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law. Jim is admitted to practice in Connecticut, Virginia, the District of Columbia, the U.S. District Court of Connecticut, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. Jim is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association’s Professional Ethics Committee, and the CBA’s Commercial Law and Bankruptcy and Appellate Advocacy sections. He holds an AV-Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Professional Ethics Committee
- Commercial Law and Bankruptcy, Executive Committee
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent
- Connecticut and New England Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy: Business, 2007-2015
- Co-Author, Connecticut Bar Association’s Lawyers’ Deskbook, Bankruptcy Section
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit