195 Church Street, 13th Floor, New Haven, CT 06510
Phone: 203.821.2000 | Fax: 203.821.2009
Janine Hodgson has devoted her career to representing health care providers in medical malpractice and general liability claims, and investigations by the Department of Public Health. She has successfully litigated bench and jury trials to conclusion, and briefed and argued appeals before the Connecticut Supreme and Appellate Courts.
Janine’s experience includes representing professionals in civil matters and grievances and representing employers and municipalities in discrimination and wrongful termination claims in Connecticut Federal District and Superior Courts. She prepares cases for trial with an eye for detail and with the goal of a swift and practical resolution at all stages of litigation.
Janine is a member of the Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association. She is also active in the community, having served as a board member and coach of the Guilford Youth Lacrosse Association and president of Guilford’s Baldwin Middle School Parent Teacher Association. Additionally, she is a day parent volunteer at Choate Rosemary Hall, and volunteer with the SongStrong Foundation in Guilford.
Janine earned her B.A. in Economics from the University of Rhode Island and her J.D. from the Quinnipiac University School of Law. While in law school she received awards in excellence in academics and service to the school. She was awarded Best Speaker at Moot Court Board and was an Associate Editor of the Law Review. Janine is licensed to practice in Connecticut and is admitted to the U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Law Review, Associate Editor
- Moot Court Board, Best Speaker
- Awards in Excellence in Academics and Service to the School
- Guilford Youth Lacrosse Association, Board Member and Coach
- Baldwin Middle School Parent Teacher Association, Guilford, President
- Choate Rosemary Hall, Wallingford, Day Parent Volunteer
- SongStrong Foundation, Guilford, Volunteer
- Goodman v. Norwalk Hospital, (2nd Cir. 2017) (granting Rule 12(b)(6) motion to dismiss federal RICO and 42 U.S.C. Sec. 1985(3) claims with prejudice)
- Coble v. Bridgeport Board of Education, (granting summary judgment and motion for special finding in case filed under accidental failure of suit; plaintiff’s prior action failed due to inexcusable neglect of counsel), aff’d, (Conn.App 2014) (sanctions imposed, and appeal dismissed as frivolous), aff’d, Miller v. Appellate Court, (Conn. 2016)
- Davis v. Norwalk Economic Opportunity Now, Inc., (2nd Cir. 2013) (affirming dismissal of False Claims Act claim as duplicative of prior Title VII action)
- Plante v. Charlotte Hungerford Hospital, (Conn. 2011) (affirming dismissal of medical malpractice action for failure to file good faith certificate from similar health care provider)
- Lohnes v. Hospital of St. Raphael, (Conn.App. 2011) (affirming dismissal of medical malpractice action for failure to file good faith certificate from similar health care provider)
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut