Joseph J. Andriola is a member of the Professional Malpractice & Insurance Defense group at the firm. In this role, he handles a diverse caseload defending property and casualty claims, professional liability, insurance coverage issues, as well as automobile related litigation.
Attorney Andriola has extensive arbitration and trial experience and a record of successful verdicts. His experience includes the defense of simple and complex litigation, involving monetary exposures ranging from thousands to multi-millions, pending before state and federal courts. Attorney Andriola has led the defense of multi-party actions involving general tort litigation, automobile accidents (including UM/UIM), and construction defects. Additionally, defense matters include subrogation matters, products liability, and wrongful death Dram Shop suits.
In his insurance coverage practice, he counsels insurers regarding claims arising under a broad range of policies: CGL, professional liability, E&O, liquor liability, homeowners, D&O, and excess/umbrella policies. For that reason, he is often called upon to represent insurers in the prosecution and defense of coverage litigation. Matters that include, for instance, declaratory judgment actions, bad faith claims and unfair trade and insurance practice claims.
In his professional liability defense practice, Attorney Andriola defends actions concerning management liability and employment practices liability against directors & officers of community associations and property management companies, non-profit organizations, and for-profit business entities.
Attorney Andriola began his career in Manhattan. There he practiced for 15 years becoming a partner with a downtown defense firm. During that time, he selected more than 50 juries and tried cases to verdict in every county of New York City. He relocated to Connecticut with his family in 2005.
Attorney Andriola is a member of the Connecticut, New London County and New York County Bar Associations; New York County Lawyers Association; The Association of Trial Lawyers of America; and Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association. Attorney Andriola graduated cum laude from Boston College and received his J.D. from Pepperdine University School of Law. He is admitted to practice in Connecticut and New York as well as before the U.S. District court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and Connecticut.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New London County Bar Association
- New York County Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Amadasu v. Bronx Lebanon Hosp. Center, Inc., 10 A.D.3d 571 (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept);
- Banushi v. Lambrakos, 305 A.D.2d 524 (N.Y.A.D. 2 Dept.);
- Bond v. York Hunter Const., Inc., 270 A.D.2d 112 (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept.);
- Bond v. York Hunter Const., Inc., 95 N.Y.2d 833 (Court of Appeals);
- Convey v. City of Rye School Dist., 271 A.D.2d 154 (N.Y.A.D. 2 Dept.);
- Goldberg v. LoRusso, 288 A.D.2d 257 (N.Y.A.D. 2 Dept.);
- Huber v. East 149th Parking Corp., 266 A.D.2d 43 (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept.);
- John v. Baharestani, 281 A.D.2d 114 (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept.);
- Johnson v. Fox, 268 A.D.2d 782 (N.Y.A.D. 3 Dept.);
- Mercado v. St. Andrews Housing Development Fund Company, Inc., 289 A.D.2d 148 (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept.);
- Mount Vernon Fire Ins. Co. v. Linarte, 2011 WL 2971238 (U.S.D.C. D.Conn.);
- O’Brien v. Bolton, 185 Misc.2d 814 (N.Y.Supp.App.Term);
- Philadelphia Indemn. Ins. Co. v. Peck, 2007 WL2815047 (USDC D.Conn. 2007);
- Prudential Property and Cas. Ins. Co. v. Anderson, 283 Conn. 911 (Conn. July 17, 2007);
- Royal Indem. Co. v. King, 532 F.Supp.2d 404 (D.Conn.);
- Sandler v. Patel, 288 A.D.2d 459 (N.Y.A.D. 2 Dept.);
- Sanperi v. Junsch, 274 A.D.2d 462 (N.Y.A.D. 2 Dept.);
- Smith v. Ford Foundation, 231 A.D.2d 456 (N.Y.A.D. 1 Dept.);
- Ridgeway v. Mount Vernon Fire Ins. Co., 328 Conn. 60 (2018).
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D.
- Boston College, B.A., cum laude