James S. Brownstein’s practice focuses on creditor rights, business law, commercial and real estate financing, and general commercial law and related litigation. An experienced practitioner, Jim advises small to mid-sized companies. His clients represent diverse industry areas including; medical, transportation, retail oil sales, insurance, manufacturers, and real estate investment companies. Generally, his clients are companies with a million per year in sales up to ten to twelve million per year in sales.
Attorney Brownstein is a talented business advisor and adept at solving complex business problems. As a result, his long-term clients would attest to his ability to formulate a strategy that allows their matter to reach a successful conclusion. Recent matters include refinancing bank indebtedness, purchase & sale negotiation, and commercial litigation.
Attorney Brownstein is a member of the American Bar Association, the Connecticut Bar Association, and the Florida Bar Association. He is a past member of Southern Connecticut Bancorp Board of Directors and Bank of Southern Connecticut Board of Directors. At the present time, Attorney Brownstein is a board member of the Jewish Community Center of Greater New Haven.
Attorney Brownstein earned a B.A. from Clark University and his J.D. from the University of Connecticut School of Law. In addition, he earned an M.P.A. from the University of New Haven. Attorney Brownstein is admitted to practice in Connecticut and Florida.
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Jewish Community Center of Greater New Haven, Board Member
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- University of New Haven, Master of Public Administration
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D.
- Clark University, B.A.