Jonathan R. Longobardi is a respected trial attorney with more than a decade of civil litigation experience whose practice focuses on motor vehicle, premises, and professional liability defense as well as insurance coverage disputes. Jon handles cases from inception through trial. He has successfully represented clients throughout Connecticut in insurance defense related matters as well as self-insured corporations and municipalities. When practicable, Jon has also represented clients in alternative dispute resolution forums obtaining favorable outcomes in mediation and arbitration proceedings.
Jon is a graduate of the University of Connecticut and Western New England University School of Law. While in law school, he served as a member of the Western New England Law Review. He was also a finalist in the American Bar Association Negotiation Competition, attaining a top 25 national ranking as negotiator.
Jon enjoys engaging with his community. He coaches youth baseball and soccer in North Haven and serves on the Ulbrich Boys & Girls Club Board of Directors helping at-risk youth in New Haven County. He is also the former President of the Board of Directors for Western New England University School of Law Alumni Association. In addition, Jon has been a guest lecturer with the law school’s Introduction to the Legal Profession course and has served as a judge for the American Bar Association Negotiation Competition.
Jon is a member of the American, Connecticut, and New Haven County Bar Associations, including the Litigation and Medical Marijuana Sections of the Connecticut Bar Association. He is admitted to practice in Connecticut and New York as well as the Federal District Courts for the District of Connecticut, Eastern District of New York and Southern District of New York.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Medical Marijuana Committee
- Litigation Section
- New Haven County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Western New England University School of Law
- Student Bar Association Representative of the Year
- Western New England Law Review, Business Manager
- American Bar Association Negotiation Competition, Top 25 National Ranking as Negotiator
- Ulbrich Boys & Girls Club Board of Directors, 2019 to Present
- Western New England University School of Law Alumni Association Board of Directors
- American Bar Association Negotiation Competition, Judge
- Max Sinoway Youth Baseball, Coach
- North Haven Soccer Club, Coach
Classes & Seminars
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York